The warranty period begins based on the purchase invoice. If this is unavailable, an order receipt is used. If this cannot be provided, the product activation date or the NIU system record date shall be used. For e-commerce orders, the start time of the warranty period is based on the delivery date of the product to the customer.
Our warranty applies only to NIU products that are sold and distributed through us or our authorized resellers.
Returning a NIU product is possible if you do not approve of the terms of the warranty. Return and refund can be made if the conditions meet those stated in our return policy.
WARRANTY PERIOD PER PRODUCT
KQi-SERIES (KQi2, KQi2 PRO, KQi3 SPORT, KQi3 PRO, KQI3 MAX)
|Main body (incl. battery, battery charger, frame, motor, controller, dashboard, front fork, main harness)||2 years or up to 10,000 km|
|Accessories (incl. brake levers, brake disc, brake line, throttle control and other non-daily consumable parts
|Consumable parts (incl. anti-collision strip, headlight, bell, fender, taillight, decorative cover, kick stand, foot pad)
BQi-SERIES (BQi,EUB-01)New electric bikes have a 2-year warranty or up to 10,000 km.
UQi-SERIES (UQi PRO, UQi+)New electric scooters have a 2-year warranty or up to 10,000 km.
MQi-SERIES (MQi+ SPORT)New electric scooters have a 2-year warranty or up to 10,000 km.
NQi-SERIES (MQi+ SPORT)New electric scooters have a 2-year warranty or up to 10,000 km.
DEMOS, TRADE-INS, RECONDITIONED VEHICLESDemos, trade-ins, reconditioned vehicles are guaranteed for 6 months.
LITHIUM BATTERIES AND CHARGERNew lithium batteries and chargers have a 2-year warranty or up to 10,000 km.
NIU ACCESSORIESNew NIU accessories have a 90-day warranty.
The transferable warranty is only valid for KQi-Series/UQi-Series/BQi-Series (as long as they are not considered as vehicles in a given city, province or state). Our warranty can be transferred from the original owner to a new owner provided the original invoice is included in the resale. We can only honor a guarantee if the owner presents proof of the original date of purchase.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
We guarantee parts and labour.
Shipping costs of product will be covered for any pre-damaged, defective, or incorrect NIU products reported to our Support Service within 15 days. Customers will be responsible for return shipping fees beyond the 15 days.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?
The warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Improper assembly or general maintenance
- Improper repair or follow-up maintenance by a NIU representative or under direct supervision of a NIU representative (online, phone, in-person, etc.)
- Mistakes following the instructions and warnings provided in the user manual or given by a NIU representative (whether verbally or in writing)
- Installation or modification of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for, or compatible with the vehicle, as sold
- Damage due to an accident, fire, misuse, abuse, theft, or neglect
- Use for purposes other than for which the vehicle was designed, or involved in commercial use, unless the product is built and explicitly promoted for commercial use – such as commercial delivery or illegal activities
- Rust, corrosion, or defects which are caused by extreme environmental conditions to which the vehicle could be exposed (ex. ice, snow, seawater, etc.)
- Cracking of the frame caused by excessive load
- Bent, out of shape wheel or motor caused by poor road conditions
- Flat tires
NIU user manuals provide more disclaimers and limitations of liability that are incorporated into the warranty. It is the product owner’s responsibility to read the user manuals.
NIU’s warrantee applies solely to NIU products and does not cover third-party products even when packaged and branded NIU.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
NIU products. As a distributor, we work directly with NIU to distribute their products in Canada and the United States. The voluntary warranty we offer on NIU products (the manufacturer) is only valid if the product is originally purchased from us or a reseller authorized by our company. If you have a problem and have bought your NIU product directly from us, please contact our customer service department. We will be happy to assist you. If the original purchase was made from an reseller, please contact that reseller. They will take care of the warranty claim for you.
Products of other brands. Our warrantee applies solely to NIU products and does not cover third-party products even when packaged and sold with NIU products. Contact other manufacturers or distributors for other products.
WHAT DO WE DO IN CASE OF A WARRANTY CLAIM?
A claim submitted to NIU during the warranty period will be evaluated and the customer will be notified which of the following actions will be taken to rectify it.
- repair the product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability
- replace the product with the same model (or with consent, a product with similar functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability
- exchange the product for a refund equivalent to the purchase price
Once a part or product has been replaced or refunded, any replacement product will become the property of the customer, and the refunded or replaced product will belong to NIU.
Any replaced or repaired part or product will continue to be covered by the remaining warranty of the original product, or for a period of 90 days from the date of replacement or repair- whichever is longer.
HOW WE PROVIDE WARRANTY SERVICE
Drop off service. Drop off the product to be repaired at any NIU retailer. Pick it up once repairs are complete.
Mail-in service. We may ask you to mail your product for warranty coverage. A return label and packaging materials will be supplied to allow easy and safe shipping. Once the repair is completed, NIU or an affiliate will return the product.
Shipping costs will be covered for any pre-damaged or defective product reported to our Support Service within 15 days. Customers will be responsible for return shipping fees beyond the 15 days.
Do-it-yourself. We will send replacement products, parts, or accessory (e.g., mirrors or foot pegs), along with installation instructions, if applicable.
Note: We are not responsible for any labor costs incurred relating to a do-it-yourself parts service. Defective part might need to been seen before a replacement can be sent. For more information, contact our Support Service.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The warranty does not cover any direct, indirect, special, incidental loss, expense, or damage resulting from the use or inability to use a product.
We are not liable for any of the following:
- loss of profits
- loss of business
- decrease in goodwill and/or other similar losses loss of anticipated savings
- loss of property loss of contracts
- lack of use
- loss or damage to data or information any special, indirect, consequential, or purely economic damage, loss, expense, or cost